The name SAP may already be familiar in Indonesia, especially the business world since SAP Indonesia open their office. But what is SAP? and why is SAP so famous and widely used by business people in Indonesia and around the world? Even more so since SAP Indonesia introduced the SAP Business One product.
What is SAP?
SAP is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. SAP ERP was developed by SAP AG which is a German company and the largest software company in Europe and also one of the largest in the world, especially in the world of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) applications.
SAP stands for Systeme, Andwendungen, Produkte in der Datenverarbeitung, or if translated into English will be Systems, Applications and Products in data processing.
SAP stands for System Application and Processing, is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. SAP ERP was developed by SAP AG which is a German company and the largest software company in Europe and also one of the largest in the world, especially in the world of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) applications.
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is the name of the integration system created by the company to support the company’s daily business operations by integrating all parts / departments of the company so that they can work together effectively to achieve the company’s objectives or targets.
Based on April 2020 data, the number of companies that use a variety of SAP products worldwide is 440,000 in 180 countries. The latest update can be obtained at https://www.sap.com/corporate/en/company.html
When does SAP Indonesia operate?
SAP Indonesia began to be known in Indonesia since 1997, marked by Automotive companies that use SAP ERP. Since then the SAP product name has been well known in the Manufacturing and Distribution industry in Indonesia. In 1999, SAP ERP also entered the Retail industry in Indonesia.
Managing Director of SAP Indonesia Andreas Diantoro said, SAP has around 5000 software solutions prepared to help companies carry out digital transformation. In Indonesia, companies generally adopt ERP solutions as an initial step to transform into more sophisticated sectors.
“As many as 80 percents of companies in Indonesia have adopted SAP solutions. Various solutions have been adopted. But in general, they have adopted ERP solutions, as an initial step, to step into even more sophisticated solutions,” Andreas said in Jakarta on Thursday.
According to Andreas, there are 5 main sectors of companies in Indonesia that adopt SAP solutions, namely the sector
- professional services by 13 percent
- 11 percent customer services
- Wholesale services 10 percent
- furniture sector 7 percent
- and the 6 percent retail sector
SAP Indonesia Solutions for SMEs
At first the SAP Indonesia system users in Indonesia and globally, only large companies and conglomerates or commonly called Enterprise. By looking at the number of small and medium-sized companies larger than large companies. SAP Indonesia then targets this market with an ERP product named SAP Business One.
SAP Business One was introduced by SAP Indonesia around 2005, but only 3 years after it began to be widely known by Indonesian small and medium businesses. Users of SAP Business One products based on official data from the SAP website as of May 29, 2018 worldwide have already exceeded 60,000 companies. Here is the official explanation from SAP Global https://news.sap.com/2018/05/sap-business-one-surpasses-60000th-customer-milestone/
What is SAP Business One?
SAP Business One is a business management software (ERP) designed for small and medium-sized businesses (SAP SE). As an SAP solution, it aims to automate key business functions in Finance, Sales & Business Opportunities, Purchasing & Supply Chain, Production Planning & Inventory Control, Project Management, and Business Intelligence & Analysis.
What does SAP Business One do?
- Financial Management Automate accounting tasks and conduct banking activities with one ERP solution. Unite financial operations with other processes to speed transactions and improve cash flow.
- Sales and Customer Management Manage the entire sales process and customer lifecycle efficiently. Gain an integrated view of your prospects and customers so you can better understand and meet their needs.
- Purchasing and Inventory Control Access accurate insight on inbound and outbound shipments, inventory levels, and item location. Run real-time updates, valuations, availability, and pricing impact reports.
- Production manages the formula of finished goods, calculates raw material requirements, calculates production costs in detail for each item, so you can know the cost of goods in finished goods accurately.
What are the advantages for Indonesian companies using SAP Business One?
With SAP Business One, all business processes in a company are interconnected, and are in one system and one continuous data. Thus the company will get.
- Consistent, integrated data from one department to another.
- Operational Systems and Procedures will mostly run system.
- Improve monitoring and control functions, because real-time data is available.
- Reducing human error.
- Reduce costs because it can analyze needs better.
- With accurate and fast data, companies can respond to markets or customers faster.
- With the data available, the time for reconciliation is short, and it will be more useful to analyze the data that is already available.
Who are SAP Users in Indonesia?
Following are a small sample of users from SAP Indonesia who use SAP Business One Products
1. Retail Industry – PT. Planet Selancar Mandiri / Planet Surf
2. Manufacturing Industry – PT. Eagle Indo Pharma / Cap Lang
3. Manufacturing Industry – PT Bando Indonesia
For the most updated SAP Business One users in Indonesia, please https://www.sterling-team.com/clients/
Thus the information about SAP Indonesia and SAP Business One Products for MSMEs is complete and the benefits for your company.
More detailed information about SAP Business One products, please https://www.sterling-team.com/sap-business-one/